Written Arrangements

As long as it complies with its accreditor’s rules, an institution may allow students to take coursework from other institutions for credit towards the student’s academic credential.  Such an arrangement assumes that the home institution (the one granting the credential) has investigated the academic quality of the other school and found the coursework to be acceptable on the same basis as its own. The school may construct a blanket agreement to cover any of its students, or an individual agreement for a particular student. Written arrangements with other Title IV-eligible institutions are also called consortium agreements.  Written arrangements with non-Title IV-eligible schools are called contractual agreements.